Oi Draka Raiding Guidelines & Expectations
INTRODUCTION TO THE OI 25MAN RAIDING GUIDELINES & EXPECTATIONS
After numerous discussions with the officer core and raid leaders, as well as the feedback we received with the OI raid survey it was determined that it would be in the best interest of OI that the raid contract be formally dissolved and Raider rank (DiscipleR) be eliminated. We are replacing the Raider contract with the below 25 man Raiding Guidelines and Expectations.
We ask any member of OI that wishes to raid to please read the following 25 man Raiding Guidelines and Expectations and then indicate in a reply on: (http://oi-guild.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=11973.html) which 2 toons and specs you wish to raid with.
The toons and specs must be of different functions (i.e., Tank, Heal, melee DPS, ranged/caster DPS). You may have a maximum of 4 raid specs between your 2 raid toons: 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 melee DPS, and 1 ranged/caster DPS. For example: Acceptable – Fractal (Shaman Resto heals/ Elemental Caster DPS), Gornack – (Paladin Melee Ret DPS/Prot tank) Not acceptable - Fractal (Shaman Enhancement Melee DPS/Shaman Elemental Caster DPS), Gornack – (Paladin Melee Ret DPS/Prot tank)
Please choose your toons & specs carefully, as changes to your raiding toons may be done ONLY ONE time per year. Notes will be kept regarding such changes, along with the date for reference. You may choose to abstain from declaring a second toon until a later date by indicating 2nd toon- abstain
Any questions regarding these guidelines should be made via private forum message to the guild raid officer: Aliasbristow
Keep in mind this is not your only venue for enjoying end-game content in WoW with OI. All members are invited and welcome to organize 10-man or 25-man runs, which would not be subject to the 25 man Raiding Guidelines and Expectations. All we ask is that you be respectful of OI official 25-man runs and coordinate with the Raid Officer (RO) if there are potential scheduling conflicts.
By identifying your two raid toons, you are agreeing to comply with these guidelines & expectations. Additionally, you will earn DKP, which you can then spend later to obtain priority for loot distribution. For more information regarding OI’s DKP system, click http://oi-guild.com/MediaWiki/index.php/Wow_Badge_System
Now on to the OI 25man Raiding Guidelines & Expecations... Please read it carefully. Thanks!
GUIDELINES & EXPECTATIONS
1. PUNCTUALITY- Be ready for the raid 10 minutes prior to scheduled raid start time, unless you have made arrangements with the Raid Leader OR Raid officer prior to the raid.
2. BE PREPARED - Be fully repaired. Have level appropriate potions/elixirs/flasks/buff food/buff reagents, ammo for hunters/shards for warlocks, etc. needed for a full night of raiding. Quantities of each may vary drastically, so it’s better to have more than not enough. You must have any resistance gear that the raid leader deems necessary for the run as indicated/stated/requested in their signup thread. You must also read the entire signup thread for any class/character assignments and strategies the raid leader has suggested.
3. GEAR ENHANCEMENTS - Have most (see below) of your gear enchanted and all gem slots filled for the level of content you are running and the spec you are using. ENCHANTS - Have MOST (9/11 for people who use 2H or 10/12 for people who use 1h and off hand, +2 for Enchanters who can enchant their own rings) of your gear enchanted. This includes helmet, shoulders and legging items. If you do not have the required rep for WotLK factions, TBC faction items will still function. Sons of Hodir Honored shoulder inscriptions [Lesser Inscription of the Pinnacle] are very similar to the Aldor [Greater Inscription of Warding] and Scryer [Greater Inscription of the Knight] Exalted inscriptions. Any enchant ranked 10 or higher on WoW-Heroes shall be considered acceptable for Naxxramas, 12 or higher for Malygos and 15 for Icecrown and Ulduar. GEMS - Every gem slot must be filled. "Blue" type gems (Blue letters on the tooltip) are abundant and affordable on the AH or from guildies. This means that we should not be seeing [Bold Blood Garnet], [Bold Bloodstone], or even [Perfect Bold Bloodstone] when Bold Scarlet Rubies are readily available. BELT - It is required that you use [Eternal Belt Buckle] for the extra gem socket, as well as Blacksmiths getting the extra socket for gloves and bracers.
4. REZZING - Druids and Shamans are NOT to use their self/combat rezzes unless instructed to do so by the Raid Leader. When the RL calls a wipe, find something that will kill you and die in the safest possible "rezz spot".
5. WIPE RECOVERY & AFK ETIQUETTE - Rezzing & rebuffing after a wipe will be done in the quickest manner possible. Please do not take that time for unannounced AFKs; we have a planned break usually 1hr-1.5hrs into the raid. If you “just can’t hold it any longer”, we’ll understand, but please do not make a habit out of it. In the event an afk is required, it is up to the raider to inform the raid leader. Random BRB's in the raid channel tend to get lost and the RL usually has several different situations going on at once so please take the time to make sure they are aware of the AFK. Please note, AFK's during unscheduled time periods slow down the entire raid, there are 24 other raiders present, please be courteous. One minute does not equate to 10. AFK's and DC's of prolonged periods will be replaced, this will be considered at 5 minutes depending on the situation and reason for the AFK. etc. Unannounced AFK's, at the discretion of the raid leader, will be cause for an official warning. At no time is anyone to leave the instance with out the approval of the raid leader.
6. FOCUS - Focus will be on the raid and what the RL is asking everyone in the raid to do. Vent will be utilized for “fun chat” during trash pulls and only RL/RO/MT should be speaking during boss fights. The only exception to this rule will be a healer asking for an Innervate, someone asking if they should self-rezz/combat rezz someone else or if you’ve been asked to call out a debuff or player status change. Some people rely on the verbal queue to “get out of the fire” so it is imperative we keep the communication line clear.
7. PERFORMANCE - Raid leaders have the right to replace "underperformers" for "DPS race" type encounters. You will be expected to perform similarly to others of your class with the same range of gear. Tanks and healers, if at any point the RL feels you are unable to perform at the level we need our tanks and healers to perform, you may be replaced. Warnings will be issued as per the guidelines already specified in the current raid contract.
8. GEAR AUDITS - http://be.imba.hu/ "Be.Imba" or http://www.wow-heroes.com "WoW-Heroes" will be used to gauge the range of gear/gem/enchants of each player for raid consideration. It is STRONGLY recommended that you log out in your raiding gear.
9. TOON DESIGNATION - Agreeing to raiding with OI means you may only have two characters per player designated as raiding toons but with the advent of dual spec you may have four raid specs. The characters and specs must be of different functions (i.e., Tank, Heal, Melee DPS, & Ranged/Caster DPS). You can only have 1 tank, 1 healer and 1 Melee DPS, & 1 Ranged/Caster DPS raid spec for your toons. For example: Acceptable – Fractal (Shaman Resto heals/ Elemental Caster DPS), Gornack – (Paladin Melee Ret DPS/Prot tank) Not acceptable - Fractal (Shaman Enhancement Melee DPS/Shaman Elemental Caster DPS), Gornack – (Paladin Melee Ret DPS/Prot tank) Why? Because you can only have one melee dps, one ranged/caster dps, one healer, one tank spec. Fractal can not sign up for a raid as enhancement melee DPS spec because Gornack is a melee dps raid spec toon.
10. COMMUNICATION - Suggested each class/function have their own "OI" channel (i.e., OITANK, OIHEAL, OIDPS). Suggested that all /tells/whispers be answered by the Raid Leader or Assistants over Vent. This saves time wasted typing and maybe reiterates more clear instructions to people who might have missed the initial explanation.
11. LOOT RULES AND DISTRIBUTIONS OI tracks and maintains DKP earned for participating in guild sanctioned 25 man raids. This DKP is a currency which can be used to bid on loot used for your raiding toon in the following fashion.
A. DKP bids- for main spec/primary armor to be done in increment of 5 or all in (WE ARE NOT AT THIS TIME USING THE DKP OR EP/GP LOOT SYSTEMS)
B. Need rolls for main spec/primary armor
C. Backup roll- everything else- off armor and off spec
For clarification “main spec” is the role you were brought into the raid as on the final signup sheet. For example Sesame is brought in as one of the three tanks needed for TOC 25 man however given fight mechanics she is asked to go Ret spec for dps for fights where only 2 tanks are need. She can only bid on tank gear, not dps gear as she was brought in specifically to tank.
This Contract was revised/updated in November 2009 CLICK HERE: http://oi-guild.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=11973.html
This pertains to those who do not uphold the above 25man raiding guidelines & expectations with honor.
1. FOR RAIDERS
1ST OFFENSE - RL or the Raid Officer (RO) will speak to you. It will noted in GT (General's tent)
2ND OFFENSE - RL or sthe Raid Officer (RO) will again speak with you, noting the second offense to you. You will be replaced in the raid if necessary. This will also be noted in the GT
3RD OFFENSE - 2-week break from raiding to get yourself in order, etc.
FURTHER OFFENSES - Rinse repeat 3rd offense, if necessary.
If in the event, an individual has reached 5 suspensions, a more permanent ban may be sought, if so decided and agreed upon by the RL and RO.
- Please remember this outcome is the least desired. The RLs and RO will try to assist to correct & resolve issues with the individual first. **
REMOVING OFFENSES - Four raids will remove one negative marker (noted offense), etc.
2. FOR RAID LEADERS
1ST OFFENSE - RO will discuss the issues with the RL in private.
2ND OFFENSE - RO will again speak with RL concerning the issue(s) and offer assistance and suggestions in a practical manner.
3RD OFFENSE - RO will bring issues before the GT for further assistance.
If a RL incurs multiple offenses, an assistant will be assigned for 4 consecutive raids or until such offenses are no longer an issue. Any RL desiring an assistant can always request one.
As far as what to do about awarding DKP if somebody who isn't guideline compliant gets invited to join a raid by the Raid Leader, due to vacant & needed positions at the last minute:
1. The invited toon MUST be Oi guilded!
2. If the member accepts the invite to the raid, they "by default" accept the raider guidelines and that toon & the spec performed in that specific raid will be added to the list of raider toons/raid specs for that member by the Raid Leader . The Raid Leader MUST explain this to the individual BEFORE they are sent an invite.
3. If a "late add" toon does not have the expected gems, enchants, and raid supplies upon joining the raid group - they will be given a "one-time pass", since they joined at the last minute with good intentions to help the raid succeed with no advance notice nor time to prepare themselves adequately.
4. Raid Leaders may invite Adept members of the guild to join a raid as a last resort. IF this occurs, the Adept member will earn DKP, but that DKP will be "banked" for future use once they become a Disciple member. The Raid Leader MUST explain this to the individual BEFORE they are sent an invite. If they accept the invite: The same "one-time pass" will be granted to a late add Adept member (see #3 above). By joining the raid, the Adept member also "by default" accepts the raider guidelines (see #2 above).
A 25man Guild Raid will become non-DKP IF: 1. A non-guilded toon is invited &/or joins the raid group at any point 2. At least 1 officer or official 25man raid leader is not present. 3. It is "pre-WotLK" 25man content (BT, Sunwell, SSC, TK, etc...) 4. The raid was not posted on the guild website forums at least 24 hours in advance of the raid start time
# OF RE-INVITES FOR RAIDING TOONS
-Core Raiding Mains= 3 invites total just like the general membership. We are not saying reinvited raiders should not be disciplined. 2nd invite= 2 weeks no 25 man. and 10 mans are up to raid leaders discretion. 3rd invite= 1 month no 25 man. 10 man again up to raid leaders discretion. Voted on and approved by the OC on Dec 1st 2011